Council Tax relief for residents affected by flooding

Residents whose homes were flooded over the winter could receive help with their Council Tax.

Those affected by the floods should contact East Hampshire District Council to see if they qualify for up to three months’ exemption from paying Council Tax.

The Government has set aside money to go to residents whose homes have been blighted by the winter’s flooding, and the scheme is being run locally by EHDC.

Brian Wood, EHDC Revenues Manager, said: “We have already been contacted by several customers and have been able to help with their Council Tax.

“The scheme covers the period from 1 December 2013, so residents who were flooded over the Christmas and New Year period can apply, as can those residents affected by the most recent floods in February.”

Please contact Customer Services on 01730 234400 or